Entry2017Sales: €17mExit2022Sales: €85m
Array ( [icone] => money_stack [intitule_gauche] => Entry [valeur_gauche] => 2017 [texte_gauche] => Sales: €17m [intitule_droite] => Exit [valeur_droite] => 2022 [texte_droite] => Sales: €85m )
In 2017, funds advised by Motion Equity Partners acquired Minlay, a French leader operating in the dynamic and fragmented dental prosthetics manufacturing and distribution market, alongside its management team and its founder, with the ambition is to assist the Group in its ambitious development project, which includes strengthening its regional presence and investing in technology.
With the support of Motion Equity Partners during 5 years, Minlay became the undisputed market leader, multiplying its sales by 5, with a presence in France, Germany and the Netherlands through 16 laboratories and 12 brands. In 2022, the Group employed more than 440 people and was the technological leader in the industry.
This development, led hand in hand with the management team between 2017 and 2022, ideally positioned Minlay for further growth and for the consolidation of the European market, particularly the German market, which is larger and more fragmented than the French market.
Under the impulsion of Motion Equity Partners, Minlay notably :
- Quintupled its turnover, thanks to a combination of organic and external growth
- Structured its M&A strategy, from sourcing to integration of targets, allowing Minlay to realise more than 20 external growth operations, allowing the Group for a full national coverage
- Became a leading player in its market, in France and in Europe, and became the technological leader, thanks to strategic investments in digital-manufacturing technologies, allowing to acquire a unique and differentiating know-how
- Initiated its international development with, in particular, a first transforming acquisition in Germany
- Deployed an ESG strategy which aims in particular at improving the well-being of employees and reducing the Group’s environmental impact